At The Cavalry, our certified professional technicians will carefully select the correct cleaning process for your upholstery using either specialized low moisture extraction techniques (dry cleaning) or hot water extraction (steam cleaning). We will thoroughly inspect and test the fabric first to determine the safest and most effective way to clean your upholstery, leaving it feeling soft, smelling fresh, and looking great.
Our goal is to remove as much soil as possible without changing the color or texture of the fabric. We accomplish this goal by using the following cleaning steps:
- Fabric inspection and testing The type of fabric, construction, and condition of the upholstery dictates the proper cleaning procedure for the best results.
- Pre-groom Pre-grooming helps to loosen soils buried deep in the fabric.
- Dry vacuum
- Pre-conditioning and pre-spotting We use a specifically pH balanced solution to emulsify and suspend soils hidden in the upholstery.
- Agitate This process breaks the surface tension aiding in chemical effectiveness.
- Extraction Removal of soils, allergens, and microscopic pollutants from the upholstery.
- Finishing or grooming Helps minimize drying time and sets the fabric in the correct position.
- Drying Using specialized fans to accelerate the drying process.
- Fabric protection Provides resistance to most common soils.
The very finest care will be provided whether we are cleaning a newer fabric or a family heirloom passed down for generations.